“The best part of being on the board is helping to make Madison a safer place for pedestrians and bikers. Joining the board has connected me with like-minded people who are working together to make the city a more beautiful, productive, and inviting place for people.”-Christo
We’re looking for Madison community members to join the Madison Bikes board! If you’re interested in prioritizing advocacy projects, organizing events and engaging with community partners to promote safer biking infrastructure, submit an application!
Madison Bikes seeks a broad representation of the communities we serve. BIPOC, LGBTQ+, caregivers, people with disabilities, and Madisonians of all ages are encouraged to apply!
Expectations of being a member of the Board of Directors:
- Term length is a 3 year commitment
- Participate in monthly board meetings
- Assist in advocacy projects
- Organize and volunteer at events such as Madison Bike Week
- Review grant proposals
- Participate in the long-term strategic planning of Madison Bikes and implementation of our mission
Depending on board member strengths, these are other possible commitments expected of board members:
- Contribute to the blog and newsletter
- Update the website and social media
- Attend city council and transportation meetings
If you are interested in joining this group of bike nerds, fill out the form below! Feel free to submit an application at any time. We’ll review applications in the fall of 2024. In the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter and check the box to let us know you’re interested in volunteering!