News Coverage of Madison Bikes
Channel 3000 visits the 2019 Winter Bike Fashion Show and interviews Robbie Webber about our organization’s efforts to expand clearing of shared use paths. “Winter Bike Fashion Show.” WKOW 27 News, November 2, 2019.
The Cap Times Baltazar De Anda-Santana, who works for the Bike Fed in Madison and is a Madison Bikes board member, goes on a ride of Madison’s south side and shows the inequities in our city’s bike infrastructure — and bike advocacy.
Wisconsin State Journal Chris Rickert reports on the low compliance with Madison’s mandatory bicycle registration program, quoting Madison Bikes vice president Harald Kliems and board member Robbie Webber
The Wisconsin State Journal and the Cap Times both quote from a Madison Bikes positions statement in their coverage of the mayoral veto of buffered bike lanes on Winnebago Street “Paul Soglin vetoes plan to eliminate parking in favor of bike lane buffers on East Side street.” Wisconsin State Journal, May 8, 2018“Mayor Soglin…
Rubber meets the Rubber meets the road: Madison’s ongoing fight between cars and bikes hits Winnebago Street
Isthmus Dylan Brogan reports on the reconstruction of Winnebago and whether car parking or safer bike facilities and street trees should be prioritized
Channel 3000 Rose Schmidt talks to Madison Bikes president Grant Foster about the upcoming reconstruction of Winnebago Street
Channel 3000/News 3 News 3’s Amanda Quintana sits down with Raj Shukla and Becky Jollay from Madison Bikes to hear more.
The Cap Times, May 27, 2017 Abigail Becker reports about the upcoming reconstruction of Wilson Street, quoting Madison Bikes president and Pedestrian/Bicycle/Motor Vehicle Commission member Grant Foster.
- “New nonprofit encourages Madisonians to advocate for bike-friendly roads.” Badger Herald, October 4, 2016.
- Article about Madison Bikes, Madison in Motion, and the UW’s Campus Master Plan.
- “The multi-faceted job of getting people to bike.” The Cap Times, June 29, 2016.
- Report from a podium discussion about the future of biking in Madison, with Robbie Webber as one of the panelists.
- “Q&A: India Viola wants women to feel empowered on their bikes.” The Cap Times, June 12, 2016.
- Steve Elbow interviews India Viola about her involvement with Madison Bikes and We Are All Mechanics.
- “Madison Bikes, a local bicycling advocacy group, launches this week.” The Cap Times, June 1, 2016.