Participating in Bike Week?
Bike Week 2020 has been tentatively rescheduled to September 12-19, 2020. More info soon.
To keep up with the latest details, consider joining Madison Bikes. It’s free!
Hosting An Event or Offering Deals/Discounts?
Please fill out this form and we’ll get you on the map and all the promotional materials for bike week. The deadline for registration is TBD.
Here’s a list of suggested locations for your Bike Week event. Of course you are welcome to use your own location as well, but you are responsible for any necessary permitting.
- Family-friendly options are encouraged! Think about ways to get kids involved and excited.
- Plan for the appropriate amount of traffic and keep everyone safe
- If you’re setting up near a bike path, treat the path like a road and keep it clear at all times.
- Offer bike parking at your station or event, for example with temporary racks
- If you’re serving food or drink, please observe good food hygiene practices.
- Without additional permits, you can’t sell any products or serve alcohol.
- Suggested hours for commuter stations?
- The highest traffic times along the Madison commuter path routes are 6-10am and 3-7pm.
- Choose your hours as appropriate, given your staff and supply options.
- We encourage options other than commuter-focused stations.
- Games and activities
- On-site bike repair clinics for your neighborhood (remember the no-$$ rule from above!)
- Keep us updated with any changes to your events! Email us at email@example.com.